Conversant Media is a fast growing digital media company that produces engaging premium websites for passionate, intelligent Australians with an interest in sports, culture and lifestyle technology. Our portfolio of sites include the renowned global culture website, Lost At E Minor, Australia’s leading sports opinion website, The Roar, and the newly launched millennial-tech and lifestyle website, Techly.
Founded in 2007 and acquired by APN News & Media in 2016, the combined Conversant Media sites have a reach of 3.9 million unique browsers and, including social media, 7 million people monthly.
We receive over 75,000 comments and 1,000 fan article submissions each month. Our websites are built around a unique hybrid content model of expert contributors alongside edited submissions from ‘the crowd’ – our audience – which creates a high interaction environment and provides a ‘voice’ for the legion of armchair gurus out there with something interesting and important to say.
Conversant Media is uniquely strong at:
- Editorial innovation and innovative ad formats
- Advance video offering – 1.5m + video views per-month
- Commercial Innovation – pioneering initiatives that have efficiently grown revenue and profit
- Social scale – 2.6m+ visits from social monthly
- User engagement is unparalleled in the Australian market
- Consistent track record of growth – double digit growth in audience and revenue since 2007
- Extensive experience in building and growing digital media assets and audiences
In late 2010, Conversant managed a capital raising, with Network Ten becoming a minority investor in The Roar. Conversant purchased the shares back from Ten in 2016. In late 2016 Conversant Media was acquired by APN News & Media. We have offices in Surry Hills, Sydney, and Brooklyn, New York.